It is almost 1:30 am and I am wide awake. An episode of Breaking Bad gave me nightmares. In my dream, I knew I was dreaming, but it didn’t matter. Tossing and turning, I tried to escape the man pursuing me. He held a decapitated head in one hand and wore an ugly leer on his face. No matter where I went, he was there. Eventually, he caught me. Then he offered me a cigarette, which I accepted. Why not? I was going to die anyway.
My dreams are most vivid when I’m not writing. Editing doesn’t count. There’s a lesson here, I’m sure, but I’m too tired to coax it out.
I’ll go back to bed as soon as I know the nightmare won’t return. Until then, I’m surfing, reading the Twitter stream, and talking to you.
Today, I hit 100 blog followers. Thank you. I mean it. This growing community gives me so much joy and I so appreciate the comments, humor, and support. I also appreciate being nominated for two blogger awards. Kira at wrestling-life.com nominated me for the Versatile Blogger award and Nat at Nat-Russo.com nominated me for the Very Inspiring Blogger award.
They are both amazing people who have inspired me. You might consider checking them out.
- Display the award logo on my blog.
- State SEVEN facts about myself.
- Link back to the folks who nominated me.
- Nominate FIFTEEN other bloggers who deserve this award.
- Notify each of the nominees
7 facts about me:
1. I’m terrified of Zombies, can’t even watch The Walking Dead, and am up in the middle of the night because I saw a decapitated head on a turtle in Breaking Bad.
2. I’m partly deaf and understand people by reading lips. Great for eavesdropping, terrible on the telephone.
3. I make my living by sculpting in steel and have more scars than the most hardened criminals, only mine are tiny white lines that run like a road map over my hands and forearms.
4. My husband and I have 6 children between us: 23, 23, 23, 21, 20, and 16. You should have seen our car insurance a few years ago.
5. I grew up in the mountains, without phone or TV. The wilderness was my playground and books my best friends. This makes me a little intense.
6. I was a soccer star in high school, but alas, that was a long time ago.
7. Green chili tastes good on just about everything.
My nominations are as follows and yes, I’m nominating these bloggers for both awards:
These are all amazing people. Hope you take a look at what they’re doing. With that, I’m going back to bed. I think I’ve slayed the demons by thinking about all the fab people in the blogosphere. Good night and talk soon.